Saturday, October 1, 2011

Place Mat Magic




I’m amazed at what difference place mats can make on my day.  The various colors, patterns and seasonal mats change the mood of the whole room.  If I don’t have time to do anything else, just changing the place mat scheme brightens the atmosphere.  And, lifts me up, too! Then the revitalized tabletop invites me to think about an appropriate centerpiece. Fun!
Over the years I have shopped the sale shelves at the better stores like Dillards, Belk and Pottery Barn.  I rarely buy any at full price. Most can be washed and maintained easily.  Some of the special winter or Christmas ones I am more careful with. The red yarn-loom mats were made by my Mom.  I use them at Christmas and Valentine’s Day, or anytime I’m in the mood for red. The patchwork table mats were made by my Mother-in-law, Marion.  These two sets hold a special place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I just love this blog..you are a great writer. It was special being able to see something my Grandmother made on here.

    Love,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete