Thursday, October 6, 2011

Making Memories







How many demands have been placed on your life for today?  Don’t forget about the unexpected ‘urgent’ requests that might pop up.  Are you wondering if you will get into bed at a reasonable time?  We all are more than a tad too busy.  What a shame!  Our lives can become so overloaded that we don’t have time for the really important matters.
The older I grow the more I see the value of making memories.  When my children were still at home we made plenty of memories.  But if I could do it all over again, I would concentrate on building so many more.  Life is absolutely too quick.  Time with family and friends seems brief.  So I spend a lot of energy trying to make long-lasting memories.  From traveling and phoning if at all possible visiting dear ones to baking and entertaining while enjoying the conversations, the extra work and preparation are worth it. 
The wonderful photo of all the little ladies in hats is from a tea party I had with my granddaughters.  Two of the photos are of me and my sisters, often when we get together we recreate the “Sisters” number performed in Irving Berlin's "White Christmas."  Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen we are not, but we sure do have fun.  My husband and brother-in- law share a special visit in the other picture.  All, good memories that will live on!

No comments:

Post a Comment