Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Help For Home




Practical pointers have helped me to manage a more efficient home.   I purchased Making A Home by Better Homes and Gardens several years ago.  We accumulate know-how by trial and error over time but the aid of someone else’s information saves me time and energy. 
For instance this concisely written book offers me a quick guide to everything from cleaning routines to entertaining.  The Home Environment chapter includes tips on how to choose a house pet, pest control, and indoor air and water quality.  Nursery safety pointers include furniture and window treatment wisdom.
This kind of resource is always at my fingertips to scan while listening to relaxing music or sitting over a cup of tea at mid-morning break.  I don’t always like to research online because I can end up on rabbit trails, searching each specific point I run across.  And I think it is healthy to not always be clicking away at my laptop when family is home.  Sitting on my sofa with a book in the evening, with my husband in the same room says to him, “I enjoy spending time with you, Honey.”

No comments:

Post a Comment