Catching up
with friends is a perfect way to spend an afternoon. I’ve been thinking lately
about the value of time. I agree with the philosophy that we need a healthy
balance of activity, productivity and relaxation. For example, being
well-rounded in what we read results in a more informed family member, friend
or team player in the workplace.
Sadly,
sometimes I neglect simply enjoying friends by letting daily responsibilities and
busyness gobble up my energy and schedule. This week I welcomed very special
friends for an afternoon of tea. How I enjoyed our time talking, laughing and
of course eating. So if I measured the weight of time spent with my sincere and
kind friends, the scale would be filled with words like: wise, sensible, and
judicious. Now that is a fine investment in healthy balance. Our calendars are
already marked for a June afternoon to meet again. I am anticipating their
companionship. Hummmm, I wonder what goodies we’ll eat!
No comments:
Post a Comment