‘Busyness’ would be a great word to describe 2012 for me. Many road trips, buying and selling our home, grieving through the loss of my Mom’s dear husband and my beloved sister-in-law, finding a new church home, and we just got a maltipoo pup this week.
Last week, though, was a totally precious time. Our family celebrated my Mother’s 85th birthday. My siblings and spouses came from three different states. My three children and their families, blessed with fourteen of my mom’s great-grandchildren, shared cake and memories with all.
Admiringly watching my Mother, I am reminded that this is what life is all about. What a blessing to share our time with a woman who has lived so many years of life. Her mind and heart are informed by days and years of living. All the experiences she enjoyed or struggled through have brought her to today. As I witness her smile and appreciation for her family, I’m confident the value she places on each person and each moment in time, flows from her awareness of just how precious life is.
No comments:
Post a Comment