 |
| My dad, 'Mickey', John |
Within your home and family are veterans of various wars. Let us honor them by thinking, remembering and honoring each man and woman this week. How can we each thank them for their sacrifice and service? I will proudly fly my flag this week. I am thankful that I have fourteen grandchildren. In the past I have gathered some of the little, preschool of the group together to teach the Pledge of Allegiance and have taken some to the annual Memorial Day services at the local cemetery. While serving on the local school board for ten years as Director, I have emphasized the need for flag etiquette to be taught to publicly schooled students.
 |
| My grandmother's war banner, Dad and his Brothers, Bill and Glenn |
 |
| My husband's Viet Nam items |
I am exceedingly grateful to have been born in this republic, the United States of America. And I am also humbly grateful to all of the military who have sacrificed throughout the history of our nation to defend and protect each of us.
 |
My husband, Joseph, in Viet Nam
|
 |
| Our son, Timothy, US Army |
No comments:
Post a Comment