Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Decorating with Jars

I really enjoy decorating with Mason, Bell or Kerr jars, whichever is on hand.  I wash the jars with water and vinegar and don’t put them in my dishwasher.  This method gives a glistening shine to the glass.  I use them year after year for all kinds of decorating.  Gold jingle bells make a nice addition.  One time I used red colored sand on the bottom third of each jar and placed a tea light candle on the sand.  I placed one on each side of my porch steps so arriving Christmas guests would be greeted to our celebration with a welcoming glow.  This year I’ve placed gold decorative bead strands in each jar to seat my tea light candles of welcome.






My jars with available buttons sit on my sewing box.  They provide a colorful view until a button is needed for a garment.  I stuffed scrap pieces of material with pillow stuffing on a circle piece of card stock and hot glued them to the lid.  The stuffing provides a nest for my straight pins.  My mind is always working at creating a new, temporary or permanent decoration for another season. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment