I use intentional energy to create a pleasant atmosphere. For me atmosphere is both emotional and sensual. Concentrating on connected relationships with family and friends while hoping to make new memories, is a focus. For the most part, I manage our home. As a woman I’ve discovered that my attitude is usually the mood-setter for family or visiting friends. My mood can set a positive or negative tone. Attitudes are contagious. Setting a standard in my mind for basic courtesy to be a habit, promotes a return of that courtesy by the folks in the home. Even when it is just me and my husband living the average normal day, we make every effort to apply courtesy to our interaction.
I totally enjoy pleasing the five senses through my decorating and baking. The little extras like place mats, seasonal tablecloths, fresh warm zucchini bread or playing some favorite background music are worth the extra time. Our casual meals served in our cozy breakfast nook even deserve a centerpiece of some sort. I placed some antique books, candle and tea pot to complete our atmosphere one fall day. I wish I would have realized years ago how important the entry way or the entry room is. It has turned out to be key in a guest’s response to looking forward to the visit, anticipating sitting down over coffee to share a discussion. “Welcome to our home,” are the first words I say to first time visitors. And it’s said from the heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment