Monday, February 27, 2012

A Few Twigs from My Family Tree



Quilt made by my mother-in-law, Marion, while she was very ill
My sister, Nancy, just gave me an updated copy of our family tree.  I can't imagine how many hours she has spent locating this information.  As I go through the document I am amazed at the pages and pages of names, dates and locations.  A family tree is filled with generations of precious lives.  I feel as if I'm a tiny little twig sprouting from one of the giant redwoods in Yosemite Park.  I don't take lightly the contributions and footprints that walked before me.  Thank you for all the labor over our tree, Nancy.  I know it was a labor of love.
I share with you a few photos of items that belonged to some of the dear women in my life.
My Mom's Candy Dish
Aunt Betty's Bird Decor
Maternal Grandmother's Tea Cups

Nancy and I Admire Our
Paternal Grandmother's Glass Easter Egg

No comments:

Post a Comment