Sunday, January 15, 2012

What Are You Reading?

When I see an article in the daily paper about how to spruce up my home, my eyes search each paragraph.  Is there an idea meant for me?  Which suggestions fit my budget?  Well, do I have the energy to begin a project at the moment? 
Then a week later I spy a decorating magazine in my doctor’s waiting room.  I check my watch to see if I have enough time to scan the photos and color schemes.  And I totally enjoy pulling one of the home decorating/maintenance books off my shelf and re-visiting the colorful and informational offerings. 
And it is so much fun to plant myself in a comfy chair at Barnes & Noble to leaf through a book on some of the most current trends in homes.  The amazing thing is, I only occasionally make a big change in my home but the enjoyment of the possibilities is endless.  Over the years I have accumulated precious and sentimental items.  And I definitely try to interchange and utilize almost all of them as the months pass.  Even if I don’t have a visitor during that time, I want my husband and I to feel like our home is exciting and fresh.  Maybe the pieces I display are of a particular color theme or seasonal theme.
I am always looking for new ideas and variety.   Do you have any suggestions?  What are you reading about decorating?  What is your favorite style or theme? 

No comments:

Post a Comment